Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fulminations

Here's some clever men and women now!




















I have an artist’s foul mood, I guess. That’s what I blame the crazy part of me on, anyway. When I see a woman who’s really made a mark in business, I’m very much impressed because she’s doing something I couldn’t do! But then, I don’t want to, either! If she were an artist I’d know her somewhat.

Of course, men have done business for long centuries and I am not going to worry about praise for them any more. When Bill Gates first started having success, I gave him some credit for being so young. But it was the young innovator that impressed me so much, not the young businessman. He ain’t young any more, and I don’t entirely admire the middle-aged businessman. Maybe he’s doing as well as can be expected. Save that for another day! But the curvy or clever businesswomen fascinate me. Martha Stewart fascinates me, though maybe not as much as a female poet would fascinate me. That’s one thing I like the blogs for; they’ve allowed lots of women to write, and many of them write poetry. I like to see that, whether it’s very professional or just to decorate the blog. Poems are more essential than other writings. They show a more essential part of us, a part where everything is shaped and cultivated and pared down. The desire to craft it carefully and to make the words sing for someone "out there" is sometimes a very great one! Such impetus and imagination should not be suppressed or thrown aside.

Love you all, ladies!

Okay, okay, I like you, too, gents—at least the ones with any brains!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)