Friday, May 27, 2005

Giant Brains and Hat Crowns

Email Idiocy

A couple of days ago my IP, who also provides email accounts that I hardly use, announced that I better get what I want off the account. Apparently, starting the last day of May they’re deleting everything older than six months. That’s no great inconvenience to me since I barely use EV1. I do let people mail to it, but my Yahoo email picks it up and leaves nothing behind. There’s almost nothing in my EV1 email except week-old emails and really old garbage.

Nonetheless, the question does occur to me, why are they doing this? Aren’t they going in the opposite direction of other major email services (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)? EV1 is making it’s email service smaller and less useful while the others are offering more and more storage space. Is EV1 just an idiot or are they trying to get out of the email business without having to say so? Why not say so, dammit? I would certainly drop them like nasty dog turds if they were my primary or only email service! I’ve said a lot of bitter and insulting things about Yahoo and Gmail in the past, but EV1 makes them look like Giant Brains, not to mention like they’re our devoted Christian brethren! I wonder why EV1 is so determined to shoot themselves in the foot?
Hat Crowns

I talked about my new hats only yesterday, but it took me about 24 hours to look at them and realize the two new ones really aren’t pork pie style because their crowns are not round, but slightly rectangular. It’s still the same lightweight fabric, size, and general appearance as the older three hats, but they are different! Proof, I guess, that I’m not as particular as I would sometimes have you believe. I wasn’t very observant, I admit, but I like them all. So, so what? Get outta here and go bug somebody who’s still trying to save his brain cells! Mine are gone, gone, solid gone… (Thanks to LT of Steve Miller Band, circa 1969)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)