Friday, November 27, 2009

All Kinds Of Weather

In all kinds of weather
I see you take my measure
Just as if I were not there.
There must be some way around all that,
But, of course, I haven’t found it yet.

No, I haven’t got a clue,
Not even a stick to stir it with, but
It doesn’t matter much from minute to minute
Now that times are bad—
Anyway, it’s Saturday night again
And there’s no one else around.

I’ve always found it easy to be alone
If I just stay at home
With my pistol cocked and britches on
And never offer any resistancc
To the higher Law that’s seldom blind or balanced.
Oh the charm of alarms in my soul,
When it goes, never goes off only slightly!

So at the start of flu season such as this,
We watch the rusty weather vane
And are all pretty much alone
And are all alike on a nervous track,
On the nervous lookout
For anyone who might sneeze or cough
Or touch us or laugh and force us to decode them
Before we end up in jail with their twins or worse.

rcs
Created on 10/31/2009 8:52 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)