Friday, December 24, 2004

Degrading Things

Overheard at the library exit

"Degrading things like that were always happening to me in the real world," he said glumly, glancing over his shoulder toward the woman to whom he'd been telling a long story. He couldn’t see it, but she was grinning at him tolerantly.

I wondered what world he was in, now that he was walking around with the rest of us. Didn’t anything degrading ever happen to him here?


Icarus Again

Located at this site about poet W.H. Auden is a poem about a painting (also shown) of the mythic character Icarus who fell from the sky. You and I recently looked at a photo of a statue of same. Many media involved here! [A larger image of Breughel's Icarus.]
Search Engine Hits

It's amazing how many hits have jumped out at me from search engines hunting down sites that mention Vioxx, Celebrex, and Aleve. People searching for clinical or legal data on the subject must be sorely aggravated to find me going off on a rant about it! I admire Sergeant Joe Friday for saying, "Just the facts, ma'am, we're only interested in the facts," but I myself am seldom in possession of any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)