Sunday, March 07, 2010

Things Aren't Good Enough

(Haunted)

That day I wrote to you at last,
I was just taking a shot in the dark.
Hoping that nothing’s gone from bad to worse for you,
Though sometimes old ghosts may disclose that
Things aren't even good enough to tell when they get worse.
I was just reaching out, like a clown come down from heaven,
To see if I could touch a sharper edge
Before perception dulls and imagination fails.

It could have been someone else I reached,
Just another wrong number
With nothing better to do,
The same as the night before
And the night before that.
I think I’ll have the phone removed soon.
I wonder how long I can continue disconnected
In this derelict haunted house without you?

rcs.

Current draft: 3/7/2010
Created on 3/4/2010 11:09 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)