Saturday, April 02, 2005

Better Call Jesus

It was a good deal of extra hell to force Blogger to publish yesterday's post. I kept getting this extra stumbling stone that says in big letters There are errors. The results were:

1. Sometimes the post has published,
2. sometimes it has been saved as a draft but has not published,
3. and sometimes it has done none of these things and the post was lost.

There were errors? I acknowledge that Blogger invented the term, but it was way before this week! It's so peculiar to me that I wonder if it's some kind of virus, not just an internal bug in Blogger's bloody nit-witted system. I'm getting mad. I'm going ballistic!

Why do we have a useless new message now, but no new warnings, explanations or solutions? It is NOT helpful! If they're trying something new or making "improvements" as we speak, why don't they say so on the Blogger Status web site? Tell us! Warn us! Why are they so coy?! They were so proud of themselves when they came up with that status site, but so far I've seldom seen a warning on it, only announcements that they've fixed something. What kind of inconsiderate can't-bear-the-criticism geeks are they?

I've tried to see if it's going to continue being difficult and or impossible to publish. Apparently, it is. Are any of the rest of you seeing something like this? Is ANYBODY seeing this but me?!!! Am I getting a highly individuated form of the Fuck You Bug? I am quickly arriving at the breaking point. I'm feeling brain-damaged. I don't have the patience for Blogging like this. It's like fighting a bear just to get a free jellybean. If any of you clever devils among my readers out there has specific knowledge or understanding that I don't have, then tell me, tell me, tell me the answer… As for Blogger executives, I think they're in danger—I think somebody better call Jesus because I'd like to bite their throats out. I want to taste their blood! I want some damn results!


Omigod, here it is, Blogger finally said this at http://status.blogger.com/

Blogger Status

Friday, April 01, 2005

Some BlogSpot blogs are currently receiving error messages that say "EOF while reading from control connection" when publishing. This varies according to which of our servers you are on at the time, so if you are having this problem, please try logging out of Blogger and then logging in again to publish, which should put you on a new server automatically. We are currently investigating the source of this problem.


I thought I'd checked it more recently today, but now it says something! It doesn't mean much to me, though. You think that's why they don't like to talk to me? Logging in and out is a lot of trouble, but maybe it'll work.

They say it should now be fixed. But I am all hunched out now and have no further post to make (except this addition). God forbid that this doesn't publish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)